Made any plans for a New Year's Resolution yet?
Here are some challenges to start your year of 2017:
Warm-up: The Bose Challenge
- Find a place you don’t know.
- Concentrate on a verse/song.
- Enjoy the next 10 minutes with God. Walk for God. Skate for God.
The Four Week Challenge
Who are 12 people that you’ve always wanted to talk to (or share about your faith)?
Who's the first person on your list?
In January, you're going to:
- 1st week: Pray for that person (“Soften *person*’s heart)
- 2nd week: Contact that person (Let them know you’ve been praying)
- 3rd week: Meet that person (or Skype) (Tell them about your faith)
- 4th week: Thank that person
Next Steps: In December, challenge someone else to do it as well.
Ways to Improve your Life
Pause: Before getting into worship, before doing something that you regret, before you make a decision
Re-centering: Re-center yourself whenever you're having nasty thoughts
Genuine Prayer: Getting really into worship before studying is great
Podcasts: Integrating more Bible in your daily life
Lock screen Verses: isplay verses from sermons on your phone lock screen to memorize them